Friday, June 27, 2008

'He's A Big Boy'

That's what Addison's pediatrician said after entering the room, looking at her and reading the chart the nurse had just updated with the new stats at her six month check up. I'll give him some credit, she had on no clothes, just a diaper and no gender identifying bows or bracelets, so we'll forgive him.
She (he) is 17.1 lbs, in the 75% percentile for weight, and 26", in the 85% for height. If she (he) was going to be insulted or scarred by being called a heavy boy she (he) all but forgot about it by the time we left the office, due to the four shots they gave her (him).
And here's what we've been up to....


We like to walk to the park by our house a few days a week to swing, slide and blow bubbles...what chubby legs??
We spend a lot of time on this blankey playing with toys, reading books and watching Einsteins (okay, and enjoying the nearby air conditioning vent- dang it's been hot)
Addi is crawling. Should that make me sad... it does! And this is what I wake up to each morning :) Am I lucky or what?
Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential...
~Ashley Smith

10 comments:

Circuit Fam said...

That is classic. Shouldn't the Pediatrician know by now to make sure to check the section of the chart that says: Male/female. None the less at least he didn't call you a "Big Boy" Lisa. Thanks for not posting any 4 weeks away preggo pics of me. THAT IS A TRUE FRIEND! Everyone should only have such a great girlfriend. :) We must do that again, it was a blast. Love you!

hizznizzle said...

Lisa-- She (he)jk, is a doll!! No worries, last night Lanie got called a "he" a couple of times. I had her in a front carrier, no bows or girly things, and you could barely see her onsie so I don't blame the lady. (She does have kind of a comb over). It is fun to see your cute family. Addie is such a great mix of both of you. Let me know if you are coming in town. take care--lezlie

Lezlie said...

haha... I love that, I was dying laughing. Poor little Addi being mistaken for a fella... don't worry, I had that problem for years. Love you Lisa!

carrie said...

That's hilarious! Your post made me laugh. Lisa--Addi's pictures that Randi took turned out so adorable! I saw them on her website. She really does love those bubbles, doesn't she? That was such a cute pic. Whatever makes her happy. :)

Pyatt said...

Lisa--what a small world in the blogging world...I found you through Jill's blog which to me to Karen's -then to Erin's and then to you!!! I know I'm not using Mackenzie's naptime very well...you have the cutests family!! Hope all is well...take care and tell your mom hi for me!!

rwhaws said...

Wesa! Long time no see. I keep up on the growth of your family through your blog and love to see how life continues on. I'm surprised you decided on children after babysitting my 8! I remember some interesting times way back in the 90"s when all the boys were little. Addi sure is a cutie. Aren't they the reason for living?
Nancy

The blogging Bakers said...

Hey Lisa- I am so glad you found me. I love blogging. I can't believe you are so close. I live in Carlsbad. You know where that is? My husband works in Irvine. Where do you live in Orange County? Your little girl is so cute. We need to get together maybe Jamie and I will have to come and visit. Talk to you soon.
Jill

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

LOL -- I hate that and it's the worst when they do have on bows and bracelets. Come on people open your eyes! But cute is cute is cute...boy or girl. Love the pictures of Addie and keeping in touch through your blog!

Shannon said...

Hey Lisa! How are you?! I found your blog from Karen Harvies friend. Your baby is so beautiful, congrats!! Keep in touch!

Shannon Curran Hadden